The Tree Mortality Working Group is made up of state, local, tribal and federal agencies and non-governmental organizations that continue to support the removal of hazardous trees threatening forested communities and critical infrastructure.
Working Group Management Goals:
- Facilitate the information flow between state, federal, tribal and local governments, utilities, and other non- governmental organizations on efforts towards meeting the items addressed in the Governor’s State of Emergency Proclamation.
- Coordinate delivery of California Disaster Assistance Act and Local Assistance for Tree Mortality Grant Program funding to impacted local agencies.
- Identify areas of the state that represent high hazard zones for wildfire and falling trees associated with elevated tree mortality and a corresponding threat to public safety, community assets, and related infrastructure.
- Provide a web viewer and other GIS tools as needed to support tracking tree mortality and tree removal projects.
Working Group Members
Tree Mortality Resources
Dead Tree Utilization Assessment -- Completed by The Beck Group, May 2017
Tree Mortality Maps & GIS Data
Local Identification of Tier 2 High Hazard Zones
- Local Identification Instructions
- Tier 2 High Hazard Zones Worksheet
- Rapid Assessment of Fire Threat
- CAL FIRE and USFS Contacts
- List of Locally Designated Tier 2 HHZ
BioRAM Facility Maps
Working Group Co-leaders
Working Group Meetings
The Tree Mortality Working Group meets bimonthly.
When: Second Monday of every other month from 10:00 to 11:30 AM
Where: CalEPA Building. 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95812
Conference Call Line: (707) 576-2048