California Forest Management Task Force
Restoring Health and Reducing Wildfire Threat to California's Forests
California's Forest Management Task Force was organized to protect the environmental quality, public health, and economic benefits that healthy forests provide to California. The Task Force aims to increase the rate of forest treatments and expand state wood product markets through innovation, assistance, and investment. Advancing forest health project capacity, readiness, and completion statewide aligns with the California Forest Carbon Plan, the goal of which is to establish healthy and resilient forests that can withstand and adapt to wildfire, drought, and a changing climate.
- Implement the Governor’s Executive Order B-52-18 and the recommendations of the California Forest Carbon
- Strategically coordinate the state’s investments in forest
- Expand and improve forest management to enhance forest health and
- Minimize regulatory barriers for prescribed fire, forest health, and fuels reduction
- Expand the use of prescribed fire across public and private ownerships.
- Increase public education and awareness of the importance of forest health and resiliency to achieving California’s long-term climate, watershed, wildlife, economic, and public health
- Encourage capacity building in forested communities to support implementation.
- Incentivize innovations in the forest product and building industries to utilize material from forest health and fuel reduction
October 2-17, 2018 -- CAL FIRE Forest Health Grant Workshops, Various locations, CA
October 15, 2018 -- Forest Management Task Force, Sacramento, CA
October 19 & 20, 2018 -- Fire Use as a Silvicultural Tool, Shaver Lake, CA
October 24, 2018 -- National Bioenergy Day, Events throughout the U.S.
November 13-14, 2018 -- California Forest Pest Council Annual Meeting, Davis, CA
November 14-17, 2018 -- CARCD Annual Conference, "Celebrating Resilient Landscapes and Adaptive Communities," San Diego, CA
November 28-29, 2018 -- Reforestation & Natural Regeneration Symposium, Sacramento, CA